Friday, June 8, 2007

Meet My Sister - Coopie



Coopie is a miniture pincher that Mom and Dad found in the front yard of their home in Memphis, Tennessee. Poor little Coopie had been hit by a car, a very big deal when you only weigh about 5lbs. Mom and Dad nursed her back to health and posted her description with animal control, all the vets in the area, the Humane Society and every place else they could think of including handing out flyers. After all of that they did not receive even one call about the little dog. All of that was back before the turn of the century, you know, way back in 1999. Coopie moved here from Tennessee back in January 2005 and she loves her new life in sunny Spring Hill, Florida. Mom and Dad think Coopie might have been a breeder dog as she seems to have had several litters of puppies and had recently had puppies when she was found back in 1999. The vet told Mom and Dad that Coopie was about 4 years old when they found her, how about that same age as I am now. So you see she is my big sister! Mom told me that in 2003 Coopie almost died because she ate something that was not good for her and it damaged her liver. Thank goodness, the vet was able to save her or I wouldn't have a big sister today. Coopie is very afraid of thunder and I think she has panic attacks during the storms. All she wants to do is whine and shake and sit on Mom or Dad's lap. I think she is kind of a whimp, I'm not afraid of a little old thunder, but I still feel sorry for her. Anyway she sure does provide me with a lot of company when Mom and Dad have to leave us at home alone. Coopie does not like to go riding in the car like I do and she does not like boating, I think she must be pretty bored but she seem happy, so what do I know.

No comments: